Event: Sunset At The Summit Concert Series
Location: Lake Dillon Amphitheatre - Summit County, Colorado
Client: Lake Dillon Foundation for the Performing Arts, Jeanne Del Mar, Foundation President
Client Objectives – Redesign a concert series for the venue to increase attendance and revenue from the previous inaugural year - 1994.
Skyline Recommendations and Solutions
- Present concerts free of charge.
- Control concessions and make 100% of the profit.
- Secure sponsorship from among local businesses that benefit from increased activity in the area.
- Concerts were programmed over eight Saturday evenings, June – August, to coincide with the magnificent sunsets over Lake Dillon.
- Talent included a range of popular regional performers and featured blues to bluegrass, R & B to rock and jazz.
- Sunset At The Summit enjoyed capacity crowds most nights.
- Restaurants in proximity to the amphitheatre reported, "Business was just as good as it was during ski season."
- Sponsorship goals were met the first year and exceeded projections in subsequent years.
- Skyline produced this concert series for six years and attendance increased every year.
- Also – a happy client!…
"From coming up with the series name, the concept of free family-oriented programming and the talent that made it all work, Skyline did everything. They booked the talent, arranged for sound engineering and mailed releases on every concert to all Front Range and Summit County media. We enthusiastically recommend Skyline to anyone needing an outstanding talent producer for a single event or a whole season."