Event: Vail Presents…All Summer Long! Concert Series
Location: Vail, Colorado, at various outdoor public spaces
Client: Town of Vail, Colorado
- Animate Vail during 33 days in summer by sponsoring free public entertainment.
- Attract new visitors to Vail from Colorado’s Front Range.
- Create more traffic to Vail restaurants and retail businesses in summer.
- Create an event theme that supported the image of Vail as a fun and lively destination.
- Block-book entertainers for greater cost-effectiveness and better programming.
- Allocate a portion of the project budget to house the entertainers in Vail over each 3-day weekend in order to lower artists’ fees and bring a portion of the project budget back to the sponsoring community.
- Program a broad variety of performance genres including all types of music, circus arts such as juggling and stilt walking, children’s entertainers and more.
- Present performers during the lunch hours and in the early evening to have the greatest impact.
Skyline Concept-to-Completion Services
Project design and implementation, including:
- Selection of performance locations
- Event theme selection and development
- Budget development for client’s approval
- Contracting, scheduling and supervising all talent
- Procurement and scheduling of local lodging for the entertainers
- Creation and distribution of publicity releases
- Payments to entertainers
- Skyline won the first two years’ contracts by responding to a competitive RFP - Request for Proposal.
- At the conclusion of the second year, the Town of Vail asked Skyline for a multiple year contract resulting in Skyline managing the series for a total of six years.
- The Town of Vail received many compliments on the concert series from out-of-town visitors and guests from Denver’s Front Range.
- Summer businesses and restaurants enjoyed significantly increased activity and the streets and walkways in Vail were alive with free entertainment.
- After six years, programming was re-assigned to the new Vail Convention and Visitors Bureau.